Thursday, August 12, 2010

This mama has been dying to take her little one to the park, the playground, the zoo, anywhere outside! Its summer and to me that means we should be living it up outdoors. One minor problem....Houston + summer = too hot! Well, today it was overcast which gave me hope that somehow it would be cooler outside. So, when it came time to pick Madeline up from daycare, we set out for the park (trying to ignore the fact that my car's outside thermometer was registering 91, despite my false hope that being overcast meant cooler weather). Anyways, we made it for about 1/2 hr at the park until we were both wilted and were ready to call it a day. She had a lot of fun, and I'm really looking forward to some cooler weather so we can really go all out at the park! Even if the overcast weather didn't bring cooler weather, it did make for great lighting for some fun pictures. Here are some shots from our attempted outdoor outing! You can see how her cheeks get more and more rosy as the pictures progress!











1 comment:

  1. So today I was listening to the weather report as I drove to work, and there are winter weather advisories for the mountains. Very different weather here!

    I hope you're all staying cool. Hugs to Madeline; I wish I could kiss her rosy cheeks.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete