Monday, October 26, 2009

Our weekend...according to Madeline

The weather was perfect and it made for a very fun weekend in Houston!

Saturday morning, mom & dad took me to get my pictures taken. They said I smiled really pretty and did a good job. Its hard not to smile when they are in the portrait studio acting like goofballs. I think the photographer should have been taking pictures of them instead of me. You'll have to check back later for a peek at my pictures...they're supposed to be ready in early Nov.

Dad had a lot of time to work on his favorite project--his car! He even let me sit in it.

I think I look pretty cute behind the steering wheel. Do you think he'll let me drive it one day?


Mom and I worked in the flowerbeds for a little bit. Cooper tried to help, too.


Hey, Unckee-T and Auntie Meg, I hope you are reading, because this part is for you!

Here's the scoop...Dad put my jumperoo together a few weekends ago, but I was cranky and didn't like it much. But, they brought it back out this weekend for another try. This time I was drooling with excitement over this thing.

I'm still pretty small for it, so I have to stand on a box so my feet can touch the ground

There are a lot of really neat things to look at like a parrot that flies above my head.

I'm not real sure what to do with everything right now, but I think I'll learn soon!

Mom and Dad even let me take it outside. I love being outside and had so much fun out on the deck. Mom and Dad thought it was great too, since I was happy and they could do some work in the backyard.

So, yep, its pretty cool! Thanks a bunch!!


For other events this weekend, we went to Costco. I've been to Costco lots of times. Its usually not super exciting, but this time I got to ride a pony. It was just my size!


We went out for breakfast on Sunday to the Breakfast Klub. Dad and mom have been wanting to try this place for a long time. I just had milk at home, since I still think mom makes the best kind. Check out what dad ate, though. He said the wings and waffles were worthy of their reputation!

Mom and dad seemed to be enjoying breakfast, so I let them eat in peace while I chewed on my hands. I bet we get to go back there some time!


We also go to go for two nice long walks in Hermann Park. They have lots of really big trees that I like to look at. Dad and mom say when I get bigger we'll go to the park a lot to see the zoo, fish in the lake, run through the fountains and play at the playground. For now, I'm perfectly content with a walk. Cooper likes it, too, since he gets to go along!

So, all in all we had a really fun weekend! I think I like fall!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you like the jumperoo! Unckee-T really likes to ride the horse around at Costco too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun weekend! There's a place in Portland that does fried chicken and waffles, too. :)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete