Friday, August 15, 2014

My oh my, how these girls are growing!!

It seemed like just yesterday that we had a toddler and a baby and now all of the sudden, we have two big girls!  Here's a bit of what's been happening here this month.

Olivia loves watching her sister take swim lessons every week, and she loves the water, so we decided we'd try out swim lessons for her.  She had her first lessons on Wed and was super excited!

She did great for the first 2/3 of the class, but then she got sad and screamed for the remainder of the class.  I think she was tired and hungry.  We'll give it a few more tries and see how she does.

Here are a few pics from some park fun earlier in the month:

 Here they are having fun in our pool.  They have used it a lot this year.  Brian and Madeline go for a dip nearly every weekend.  Olivia and I are a bit more cold-blooded, but Olivia does love the water, just like her sister did at this age!

Olivia's "Brrr, I'm cold" face!

In other news, today is Madeline's last day of preschool and daycare.  How can it be that she will start Kindergarten in just 1 week?!?  She wanted to do something special for her teachers and decided that she was going to write a book for each of them.  They turned out so cute that I needed to scan them.  She received only minimal help and came up with the story lines all by herself!

Story #1: Me and Ms. Amanda (I did my best to let her write the stories in her own words, even though, I really wanted to correct her English!) :)



Story #2: Me and Ms. Tiffany  (You'll notice a bit of theme in the plot!) :)


Maybe she'll grow up to be an author one day!  I love her illustrations, the fairy is my favorite :)  Being the last day of preschool means that Brian and I get a huge raise today, as moving forward we'll only have 1 in full-time preschool/daycare!  Woot woot!!  We're celebrating by taking a little weekend getaway to Palm Springs.  I'll plan to post after our weekend mini-vacation!


My oh my, how I love my big girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment