Thursday, May 20, 2010

How can it be that she is 10 months old?

Here are a few shots of her at 10 months old. She is getting so big!


Say, "Cheese!"


Here's what a 10 month monkey face looks like:


Here are some of this month's milestones:

She figured out finger food and now loves feeding herself.


This picture is for Grandpa Ed! She tried watermelon for this first time this week and was a bit unsure about it at first but then really decided that it was tasty! She's still working on holding her own piece :)


She really seems to have 'sprouted.' I look at her and she just seems so long, especially when she stretches out like this when she sleeps. I was able to measure her yesterday when she was stretched out and I came up with 27.5 in long, which is only half and inch longer than she was at her 9 month check-up....maybe I mismeasured! I weighed her on Grandpa Marv's baby scale and she came in at 16.5 lbs.


She's enjoying the freedom of being able to choose her own toys out of the toy box!

And when the toy box lid is closed she has discovered you can peek in the little hole on the side to see the treasures inside!


I couldn't resist posting another balloon video. She had so much fun with this balloon!


We bought her a cute little walker last weekend to start exercising those leg muscles. We figured it would take her a bit to get the hang of it, so imagine our surprise when she took off walking with this thing! Come to find out, it's one of her favorite things to do at daycare and she's become quite proficient.


She's really taken an interest in music and starts bopping and dancing when she hears a song that catches her ear. She liked the reggae selection here:


She's gotten ticklish, which is so much fun! You'll have to stay tuned for a video of this.

Despite the problems we continue to have with sleep, I am keeping my fingers crossed that we are turning a corner. The past 3 nights she only woke up once for about 15 min.

I think this past month has been one of my favorites with her. She seems to learn and discover something new each day. I can see her beginning to comprehend things and try to express her opinion. We are trying to do some baby sign with her and she seems to be recognizing some of the signs. I keep waiting for her to sign back, so maybe that will be a milestone for her next month! I still can't believe that she is 10 months old! How quickly the time has flown!

1 comment:

  1. Every month I say, "This is my favorite age yet!" :) It just keeps getting better. I cannot BELIEVE how big Madeline is. WoW!

    ReplyDelete