Monday, November 9, 2009

First week of school and weekend with Daddy

Madeline had her first week of daycare last week. We had a nanny coming into the house for the first few weeks that I was back in work, and with Grandma James in town for a few days the past week, it meant that Madeline didn't have to start daycare right away. I felt kinda cheesy taking these pics, but here are her first day of "school" pictures. She seems to be adjusting really well and likes being around all the other babies.




This weekend I had my first business trip after being back to work, so Madeline got to spend the whole weekend alone with Daddy! I think they did pretty well together and occupied their time with 2 trips to the tool store, a trip to the grocery store for queso and chorizzo and multiple walks. She did great eating out of the bottle for two days and Brian even taught her to "hold" the bottle, as she is demonstrating below!


I survived the trip as well but was very excited to get back home. I'm glad they did well, as I'm off to NYC tomorrow for 4 days. Luckily I should be able to spend a bit of time with Madeline in the morning before I need to leave.

Since its been awhile since I posted some pictures, here are a few others from the past week:

It was a bit chilly the day after Halloween and we were able to dress Madeline in her sock monkey outfit--a cute hand-me-down from her big friend Sophie. She looked so cute!


Our neighbors, Mike and Irma invited us over for a delicious dinner and Irma had a wonderful toy that Madeline loved:



And, here is one last smile from today, going out to Grandpa Handl--Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Heather, she's so cute! I hope the transition back to work and traveling is going well. My best to you, Brian, and baby Madeline.

    Karen

    PS Awesome sock monkey outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy the updates! I know it must have been tough to go back to work/travel.

    ReplyDelete